Student Portal Access: (students will see only their data)
Students can change, reset, retrieve their password at iforgot.sjusd.org. Instruction is available here.
FAQ’s regarding homework and struggling in class:
I forgot to write down the homework, what should I do?
· Ask a buddy in class. If you don’t already have one, tomorrow when you go to school find 2 students who will share their phone number with you so if you are absent or forgot to write down the homework, you can call them.
· Check to see if your teacher has a website and it’s listed on the school webpage.
· Email your teacher.
· Don’t forget to write down your homework!
I didn’t do well on a test or I’m struggling in class, what should I do?
· When the teacher hands back the test or quiz, look at your mistakes and ask yourself, was I rushing and forgot to do something? Did I miss a step? Did I just not understand the whole problem?
· If you can’t figure out what you did wrong, or you keep getting marked down on the same type of problem, approach your teacher after class and ask them when would be a good time for you to come in and talk to them. Most teachers are available to meet during lunch or after school, just talk to them so that they know you are coming.
· Preparing for the time with your teacher: come in with questions, even if you aren’t sure what you are doing wrong. Tell the teacher, “I looked over my homework and noticed BLANK” or “I looked over my test/quiz and noticed that I keep getting BLANK types of problems wrong” or “I really didn’t understand the concept we are going over in class right now.”
· Once the teacher helps you, re-look over your mistakes and see if you can fix them on your own.