We hope you’ve enjoyed a wonderful summer with your family and friends! As we look toward the start of school, we wanted to remind you of several upcoming community activities. Each of these events is a fun way to greet old friends and welcome new faces. Please consider joining us!
- TK/Kinder Playdate – Saturday, August 9th, 9-11 am –This is a casual and fun way to meet new school friends and other members of your Booksin community. The playdate will be held on the kindergarten playground, which is located near Rooms A & B, at the corner of Booksin Avenue and Dry Creek Road. Please note that restroom facilities will not be available.
- TK/Kinder Class List Posting – Monday, August 11th, 1 pm (Booksin Office)
- TK/Kinder Ice Cream Social – Monday, August 11th, 1:30-2:30 pm – Please join us at the green tables at Cline Park, located at the corner of Marques Avenue and Dry Creek Road. Meet our principal, Ms. Karen Tamsen, and your child’s kindergarten teacher. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn a bit about BESCA - your parent/teacher organization, Walkathon 2014: Movin’ and Groovin’ - our biggest fundraiser and community event - and the Cornerstone ABC Readers program. To end it just right, enjoy an ice cream with new friends in the shade of Cline Park!
- Class List Posting, Grades 1-5 – Monday, August 11th, 4 pm (Library)
- Welcome Back Coffee for Returning Parents – Wednesday, August 13th, 8:30-9:30 am – Join us in the cafeteria to meet Ms. Karen Tamsen and be introduced to some of the new faces of your BESCA team, plus learn a bit about Walkathon 2014 and how you can get involved! Coffee will be served.
- Welcome Coffee for New Parents – Friday, August 15th, 8:30-9:30 am – If you’re new to Booksin, now’s your chance to learn about everything in one room! In addition to hearing from our new principal, Ms. Karen Tamsen, you’ll be able to meet members of your BESCA leadership team and browse tables with information on everything from Art Vista and the Garden to Cornerstone ABC Readers, Yearbook, Walkathon and more! Coffee and pastries will be served.
Please also save-the-date for Back to School Night on Tuesday, August 26th.
On behalf of the BESCA Board, we welcome you to the 2014-15 school year and look forward to seeing you on campus!
Click here to download
BESCA Bylaws 2012
©2014 Booksin Elementary|1590 Dry Creek Road|San Jose Ca, 95125|1-408-535-6213
Site Map|Disclaimer|Site by NetRaising
The San Jose Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race,ancestry, national origin, religion, color, or mental or physical disability in its educational programs and activities or employment practices as required byAmericans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 504 or the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Vocational Education Act of 1976. The lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in the District’s programs. Students, parents, employees, or others who wish further information about these regulations, or whom wish to file a complaint, should contact the following persons: Director of Student Services, Dane Caldwell-Holden (408) 535-6080 ext. 13212 The District’s 504 Coordinator, Delphia Edwards (408) 535-6195 ext. 13229