Welcome to Almaden Elementary School
Parent - Teacher Conferences, March 2-13
Minimum days March 12 and 13. Dismissal time will be 1:06 p.m. Conferences will be held with parents only if the teacher identifies a need.
Parent Climate Survey 2015
Enter Code: parentsurvey2015
Folklorico at Almaden Elementary
It’s happening! Folklorico dance group classes at Almaden Elementary started February 5th, 2015 and will be held every Thursday and Friday in the cafeteria. Thursday classes will be for grades K-2nd and Friday classes will be for 3rd-5th students. The classes are free of charge to boys and girls but it requires a hard commitment and dedication to the group. After three consecutive absences without a note, students will be dropped.
!Finalmente llegó! El grupo de danza folklórica en Almaden comenzara el 5 de febrero del 2015. Las clases se llevaran a cabo después de la escuela los jueves y viernes. El jueves para los estudiantes de kinder a segundo y los viernes para los estudiantes de tercero a quinto grado. Las clases son gratis, pero se requiere compromiso con el grupo y una asistencia consistente. Los estudiantes serán sacados del programa luego de la tercera falta sin aviso.
Morning Drop Off and Afternoon Pick Up
The safety of our students is of the utmost importance. Please adhere to the following rules:
1. Pull into the valet line and drop your child off by the office if you are not getting out to walk your child to the line or cafeteria.
2. Please refrain from dropping your child off in the middle of the busy street or pulling into the driveway of our neighborhood homes. This is dangerous and could result in an accident.
3. Please refrain from making a 3-point turn in the middle of the street. This slows down the flow of traffic and again, could result in an accident. You will need to drive to the end of Dentwood and turn in the cul-de-sac or drive through the valet line in the parking lot and turn from there.
4. Please drive slowly. I have timed traffic, and it takes approximately 15-17 minutes to clear out traffic. This year Pioneer High School dismisses around the same time we do and this has caused our traffic to back up.
5. Please be patient. The safety of our sweet children is in all our hands. Modeling this patience is a great way to teach your children the importance of being respectful and kind to others.
I will be at the crosswalk for the next few weeks so that I can monitor traffic and ensure that we are ALL doing our part to adhere to the rules.
Lisa Montes, Principal
Peace Builder’s Pledge
Vision StatementAll San Jose Unified School District students are inspired and prepared to succeed in a global society.
Mission StatementSan Jose Unified School District’s mission is to eliminate the opportunity gap and provide every student with the finest 21st century education.